7th Round - Matthew Price: RHP, South Carolina

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kh4COH2ZsE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another nice arm.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mXoNXQztG2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Makes me think that Kline and Rutledge are going to get a look, at least, as SP.

Kline seems likely but I don't know about Rutledge. Maybe if they think they can fix his command issues?

The dearth of pitching in this organization must be obvious to DD and Rajisch.

It should be obvious to anyone watching the games. ;)

It's a deep fall after Bundy. Still some promising guys in Wright, Bridwell, Berry, and Rodriquez but there is not a ton of starting pitching prospects in the organization right now.

It should be obvious to anyone watching the games. ;)

It's a deep fall after Bundy. Still some promising guys in Wright, Bridwell, Berry, and Rodriquez but there is not a ton of starting pitching prospects in the organization right now.

This is where it comes down to our hopefully improved development system. Time will tell, but I'm hopeful that DD is the man to change our fate in this regard.

His curveball has a much higher release point then his very-low 3/4 fastball. He also looks to have a slider out of that low arm angle. Professional hitters will certainly pick up on that high arm slot curveball if his fastball is in the low 3/4 angle. I didn't see anything here that screamed major league starter, but of course I did not see a changeup and that was only a few pitches. Still, if he's able to be a solid bullpen guy there's nothing wrong with that in the 7th round.

Archived